- Acest eveniment a trecut.
[Vezi evenimente anterioare] Training: Managing a consulting business
19 noiembrie 2019 - 21 noiembrie 2019
Managing a consulting business
Training course for business consultants
19-21 November 2019, Bucharest
3 full days, 09:00-17:00
From reaching out to new client groups to managing talent and resources, learn how to make your business more effective, more competitive and more profitable.
The training will be delivered by Janet Poot who has been selected by the EBRD because she is an experienced practitioner, who knows what it takes to successfully manage a consulting business.
The training course fee is 300 EUR and the course will be delivered in English. The price includes training hand-out materials and refreshments (on-site coffee breaks and lunch). The training will be organized at a premium location in Bucharest, InterContinental Hotel.
To participate please fill out the application form by COB 01 November 2019 Participant selection will be based on application form and CV, on a first come – first served basis. The class is limited to 15 participants. After registration an EBRD representative will contact you to continue the application process.
For additional inquiries please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call us on 021 202 71 42.
Know your training:
This course will help you:
- Make the most of the talent and skills of your partners and staff to develop and expand your business
- Learn and apply business models and best practice strategies specifically relevant to consulting companies
- Discover technology and financial models to help you manage your business more efficiently
- Recognise potential risks and learn how to engage in effective risk management
- Learn firm development skills and management behaviours specifically for management of a professional services company, including techniques for managing the consulting/client interface, managing internal knowledge and instituting an effective management culture
- Understand IP development and protection concerns
- Learn how to complement your expertise and build partnerships/strategic alliances
Within the course, you will also prepare an individual Action Plan for your business. The course is interactive and discussion based, with a focus on practical tools. You will also have the opportunity to meet other consultants, learn from each other’s experiences and develop a professional network.
Know your trainer:
Janet Poot is an international business consultant and trainer. She is also a published author (“A Different Kind of Leader— accelerating progress in a world of disruption”). Janet lives in The Netherlands and is originally from South Africa. She has an entrepreneurial background, having established and run a marketing company that conducted marketing campaigns for leading multinationals in 12 countries. She employed an international workforce and had two branch offices abroad for over 10 years. Janet prepared in the United States for a career in the field of consultancy. She established her second company, JPC International (www.jpcint.com; registered as JPCorporate International BV) to focus on leadership development and consulting across cultures and borders. Janet has built extensive expertise in the fields of leadership consultancy, developing & conducting training programmes and executive coaching. She is used to working with a wide range of nationalities and with organisations ranging from SMEs to multinationals. She has carried out coaching and interim assignments for European, American, African and Asian organisations in most regions of continental Europe, England and in South Africa. She has conducted training assignments for the EBRD in Albania, North Macedonia, Serbia, Georgia, Bulgaria, Moldova and Lebanon.
Grow your consulting business? Know how.
At the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), we don’t just provide finance. We also provide business advice to small and medium-sized businesses in 25 countries, working with more than 6,000 consultants and over 1,500 international experts.
We believe that businesses need professional know-how to grow and stay competitive. But we also know how important it is for consultants to keep broadening their expertise so they can offer truly best-in-class solutions to their clients. The Grow Your Consulting Business Training Series is a set of training courses that shares essential skills, resources and techniques for effective and impactful consulting, as well as for running a successful consulting business. So, whether you’re an expert looking to use your knowledge as a professional consultant, a young consultant seeking to build up your skills, a senior member of a consulting firm eager to learn about new specialisations or the owner of a consulting business seeking to enhance your business model, get the training you need to step up your game.
There are six courses:
- Management consulting essentials
- Starting a consulting business
- Managing a consulting business
- Marketing and selling consulting services
- Business diagnostics for consulting
- Project management for consulting
Know your (draft) agenda:
Day 1 – topics covered:
- Consulting market (Developments and types of consulting)
- Value Chain (Introduction value chain; Consulting competence framework; Value chain of a consulting firm; Primary and support activities; Establishing a competitive advantage)
Day 2 – topics covered:
- Consulting Firm’s goals
- Business focus (Balancing business activity and professional activity; Principle of leveraging)
- Business Model (Business model development; Business model canvas; Value proposition)
- Strategy of the Consulting Firm (Development of the consulting firm’s strategy; Key objectives and strategy plan)
- Organisational and operational issues (Organisational structures; Types of projects; Economics of the consulting firm)
Day 3 – topics covered:
- Leadership of the consulting firm (activities, control, motivation, culture, types of projects)
- Leadership insights (Key insights/personal choices)
- Consulting projects and strategic recruitment (Recruitment approach and method; Career structures; Performance appraisals)
- Case studies